Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting lax

I have become complacent in my old age. Okay, so my old age is 27 and I'm not so much complacent as lazy, but what has been wrong with me lately? I have weight to lose, miles to go, half marathons to train for! I've been dead on my feet and I can't place it.

Yes, I've lost a decent amount of weight, around 35 lbs., but still I am not done.I am technically OVERWEIGHT. I am no longer obese, which I am thankful for all of the time, but I cannot be done yet. I've been eating okay, watching portions and all that, but other than the watching portions part I've given myself license to each what I want when I want it.

My body knows it's messed up. It's not been responding the way it should be and before, when I ate everything I saw and my body didn't know any better and I didn't know any better it wasn't so much an issue. Now my body is off and I want out. I want out of this slow downward spiral. I haven't gained, but then again, I haven't been weighing myself so who knows if I gained and then slowly lost it again!

So, it's fruit and veggie galore for the next few days. Last night I made myself some homemade hummus (with pinto beans, sorry, it's not "real," I know) and cut and sliced and diced and bagged and I now have at LEAST five whole days where every snack I need and every addition to a meal that must be included and now, I don't have to worry about it, I just have to eat it. I need to get my system back in gear.

Oh a more positive note, I walked/ran on the treadmill for fifty minutes the other night! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment