Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ups and downs

My week so far has been good, and meh.

The good happened yesterday. I ran my whole route (2.5 miles) all the way through. One stop to stretch out my calves a little bit, but even this huge hill at the end that I hate to run because it's ALL uphill was completed. I was just really proud of myself when I got home. It's been since last November that I ran that all the way through. I've been working hard, but it's been so humid that every run has been a major chore. Yesterday the humidity broke and it was wonderful to feel what it was like to complete my route.

My down? My weigh-in this week only had me down one lb. Sucks right? I feel like I've been working out so hard, pushing myself, eating right and then, one lb. I have been doing more strength training, so maybe I just gained some muscle, but I'm just disappointed. I'm wearing different clothes today than normal so I can't say they feel lose or anything like that. Today I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

So I have a big accomplishment, running my route. When I get that down pretty well it will go to 3.5 mile and then 4.5 miles. It's a route by my house, so it's easy to do, well, not easy, it's pretty hilly, but I don't have to drive and go somewhere. I can just step outside my house and go.

I know, I just need to keep my chin up, my stride swinging along and those one lbs. will be forty more.

No comments:

Post a Comment