Friday, August 7, 2009

Blessed

I'm sitting at my desk, thinking about what the SO and I are having for supper tonight when I realize that I don't know. The SO told me last night that he would make supper and I wouldn't have to worry about it. Now, I am blessed because he does this, but not just for tonight. He likes to cook just as much as I do, but I plan a lot of the meals because I have more time in the afternoon.

After he informed me that I would not need to cook tonight he did something spectacular. He asked if there was anything he shouldn't make. It took me a second. Why shouldn't he make something? Oh yeah, because of my "diet."

The SO knows I'm changing my life. He sees it when I put fish or a vegetarian meal on the table at least one night a week instead of more hamburger or another steak. He sees it when I take double portions of vegetables and half the serving of meat. He sees it when I eat one chocolate instead of twenty. We've talked about it, about what this weight loss and me being healthier means to me and to him. He's told me time and time again "I love you however you are, but I wish we were both healthier." And now, he's even looking out for me more.

He wanted to make sure that he didn't put something on the table that was "bad for me" or that would cause me to become a glutton in a matter of seconds. I love him for that.

I told him that I can eat whatever I want, just in moderation. Then I rethought my answer and asked him to make sure there were two kinds of vegetables. That was my only requirement and it's something I try to do whenever I make a meal for us. All he said was "ok."

I just feel blessed. Blessed that he's on this journey with me, not necessarily on SparkPeople.com like I am, but that he's trying to make it easier. Trying to make me last at it. He's right, we could both stand to be healthier. The healthier we are, hopefully the longer we'll live, the more we'll get out of life and the happier we'll be about certain things.

Here's to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment