Saturday, August 8, 2009

I didn't think I'd feel this way

I didn't think I would feel this way about fitting into sz. 14 jeans. Maybe I should preface this by the fact that I got a new pair of jeans and they're a size smaller than what I've been wearing for at least two years.

Honestly, I went out shopping (Iowa tax-free holiday) to buy a pair of jeans that I could look at and think 'I will fit into these.' Kind of a motivation hanging on a hanger in front of my closet. So the SO (kindly he went with me, he hates shopping) went out. I tried on a couple of pairs, one in sz. 16 where the waist was too big, and another pair that was too short.

I was bummed. So I went back to the jean wall and looked at another pair. I didn't want to try any more on in the store because it was CRAZY busy (again, tax-free holiday) and so I just bought them, in a sz. 14, and we went home.

Well, we get home and I have to try on my stuff. I bought some shorter leggings to wear around the house, comfortable style, this shirt-sleeper thing because I had gotten a gift card for my birthday and I wanted to use it :D You know how it goes! So, the leggings and the long sleeper thing, the SO said all I needed to go into the eighties were some head bands. So true and I love them. Then I put on the jeans. Ok, they go up over my legs, great, I've lost a little there. Then I pull the buttons together to see how far I have to go to fit into them. And they button.

THEY BUTTON!

They are a little tight, so maybe I'm not completely in a sz. 14 yet, but I'd say in a week, maybe two, they'll be comfortable.

If you can't tell, I'm pretty ecstatic about it. I know I've been working out, I know I've lost some inches in some places, I can feel my muscles and sometimes I just want to eat until I feel COMPLETLY uncomfortably full like I used to do, but it's worth it. Seeing that size, fitting into a smaller pair at a store I shop at a lot, I love it. I absolutely love it.

Six weeks in, I was getting a little unmotivated, let's say. This just jumps me back in, it makes me want to go and run again like I did this morning! Anyway, I didn't think I'd feel this way. I knew I'd be happy, but I didn't know how happy. It's like I dropped into hundred-ville from two-hundred-ville all over again.

I guess I want to say Keep going, keep moving, keep pushing yourself. It's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment