Saturday, July 11, 2009

Nuggets of sugary goodness

I am at work. It's 8:30, and I'm craving mini vanilla cookies from the vending machine downstairs. I do have to admit, they are a huge weakness for me, especially on a Saturday night because I've treated myself to them time and time again. The problem? I'm at my calorie limit for the day. The other problem? A serving size is nine itty-bitty cookies (I think three servings in a bag) and the calories, not so itty-bitt, and I'm never able to just eat one serving of those cookies. Ever.

I've been good this week, I've exercised almost every day, way more than I scheduled for myself. I want to make the excuse so badly that I deserve this treat, that I should just go over my limit and deal with it. That this treat is necessary.

I'm such a liar.

If you look at the food I ate this week you'll see that, although I stayed within my calories I had plenty of treats. I think I had at least two times this week where I had part of a cinnamon roll. I know, empty calories, but I fit it into my calories. Although I know it wasn't great and it definitely brought my food fat count up, I could justify the treat because I cut something else out to put it in.

So I'm writing to dissuade myself. I'm distracting my mind for ten minutes and remember why I don't want those delectable evil vanilla cookie treats. Why don't I want them? I know they won't taste nearly as good as I want them to. I know that the watermelon I have at home tasted oh so melt-in-my-mouth good that I couldn't have wanted absolutely anything else at that minute. I know that I am at my calorie limit. I know that there is no way that I need those cookies. There is no needing and I'll just be disappointed. So, hopefully I'm done with the cookies.

I'll let you know tomorrow how my battle ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment