Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Losing

It's never felt so good to lose. I think people on the biggest loser can say that all the time, but yesterday, and then again today, I'm on board with the losing.

Yesterday my blood-letting went decently well. Actually, they did one arm and suddenly the vein disappeared so they gently (as gently as could be) poked around for a little big. It wasn't happening. I was actually fine through the poking and prodding, but about a minute after the needle came out I had to lay down. I didn't know if I was going to be able to let them check my other arm for good veins after that (on my insistence, not theirs). But then the dizziness passed. They checked my other arm and found a good vein and bam, I was giving blood. It was fine, I was fine. Obviously it never feels good to get poked by a needle, but other than that pain, I was surprised at the fuss I had made. I was nervous, I don't think my nervousness was displaced after my first, and only other time of attempting to give blood.

Will I do it again? Yes. Will I do it in 56 days? Probably not.

The other part of my losing is that I weighed myself yesterday. Guess what the scale said? 199!!! I am officially out of the 200's. Now before you tell me that you lose a pound when you give blood, let me tell you that I weighed myself on Monday too and it said 199, but I was afraid that it really wasn't true and so I waited another day. I didn't weigh myself until the evening too, so hopefully my 199 is true and I can feel as happy as I want to feel about it. So I'm a loser, not quite a big loser, but I think I'm on my way there.

So I'm a loser. There, I said it. Come be a loser with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment