Monday, July 6, 2009

Holiday and Birthday down

The weekend has passed and I've lost an entire pound!

I'm trying to be excited about this, but it's really hard. I should look at it in terms of people when they start a business. Some people are so excited by that first dollar that they frame it and never spend it. Well, my first pound is spent and I wish I could spend forty-nine more today. But it is my first pound. My first pound on my way to many more. I have to keep telling myself, one is already down! In slightly less than one week I already lost a pound. That is something to be proud of.

I worked out, I ate ok, and I still lost a pound. I wasn't eating as well as I could be. I definitely had some liquid calories (aka beer) that added up. It's amazing that two beers and cranberry and vodka cocktails really add up. Luckily I had left some calories just for that purpose, to be drank, on the day that I turned 26, but still it's a kick in the pants.

Luckily I won't have to cut calories to fit in a beer here or there very often. I'm not a hard drinker and when I do drink it's only a couple. But two hundred calories is still two hundred calories! I know I had a few more than usual because a) I wasn't driving home, b) it was my birthday and c) it was the July 4, Independence day, my favorite holiday!

So I went right back at it this morning. Got on that stair stepper and as of three o'clock this afternoon I feel pretty great. Another week, another pound. That's my mantra for today.

1 comment: