Friday, December 10, 2010

Inspiration

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember,
you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion
to reach for the stars to change the world.
~Harriet Tubman
I need a push. A shove. A form of movement that may need to be induced with a plow. There are days when faced with the decision to get out of bed or have a root canal I seriously consider the root canal. I think of how hard my life is, how much I would love things to change, and then I put on my big-girl panties and get over it. My life is not hard. I am healthy, I have a job I love, family who supports me in everything I do and a man who surrounds me with unconditional love. My life, when you break it down, is a big huge wonderful thing that I am very lucky to have.
When I'm feeling down, like everything is meaningless and that I don't have a purpose, one thing I turn to is other people. People were blessed in an amazing way. We have the power to lift each other up, to show beauty and love to those who are hurting, and to push others along the way so they can get through another day.  A smile, a word, even just a look can send someone tumbling down, but can also raise them to the greatest heights where they feel that maybe they are important, that they are loved, and that all things are possible. 
People are my inspiration. When I am down I visit blogs. I hear the positive comments and I feel like it's worth it all over again. Take one of the new bloggers at www.priorfatgirl.com (actually, his is www.priorfatguy.com). Ever since I read his blog I feel like I have new energy. He knows he has a long way to go, but his way is set before him. All he has to do is walk it. He inspires me.
I know I am not made to be unhappy. I am made to want to be better than I am. I am working toward that goal and hope to reach it, in so many areas of my life. People are one thing that helps get me there. Thanks for giving me such beautiful hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment