Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So is life

I was so tired yesterday. So tired that after five hours of sleep the night before I went home from work and slept for four more hours. Then I cleaned and baked and supped (not necessarily in that order) and again, got six hours of sleep. Oh my. I think I needed that.

I've written about my sleep habits before. I tend to get 5-6 hours of sleep on weeknights and then sleep like crazy on the weekend. Part of me loves this, but then I wonder how much happier I would be if I was getting more sleep each weeknight. I'm stubborn and it's hard so then I say "I don't wanna." I don't want to go to bed at 8:30 p.m. to get eight hours of sleep. I don't want to give up my time with the SO or my time just hanging out on facebook to get adequate sleep. Often I'm not doing anything of importance at 8:30 p.m., just watching a TV show or something, but goodness knows, I don't wanna go to bed so early!

After the Thanksgiving weekend, I may have to adjust. It's dark out, so I can't claim it's too light to sleep. What really is going on later than 8:30 p.m. that I need to stay up for? So, it will be a test. How much more energy will I have, how much better will I feel, if I get quality sleep every night instead of two out of five?

Then, speaking of Thanksgiving, what's your plan? Mine is to sample what I want, leave what I don't, and just enjoy family and friends. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment