Monday, February 22, 2010

Very first race ever

I have just signed up for my first "official" 5k called The Fools 5k in Cedar Falls on March 27. I figure it might be good to run this stuff since I'm planning doing the IMT Des Moines half marathon in October. I also want to do the Bix7 in Davenport at the end of July as part of my training. But this is my first official race.

I'm nervous. I keep having thoughts of "What if" I can't do this, I go slower than everyone, I don't complete it in enough time, I make a fool of myself.

I guess I'll get over it. I know running takes mental energy, mental energy that I'm building as I build my muscles. It's just a little nerve wracking, especially since it's my first race. I can run (read, jog) over three miles, I'll be able to go the distance, but I need to start mentally preparing myself for this race that's four full weeks and one partial week away. So, the worst thing that happens? I walk. I'm pretty sure I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment