Monday, February 8, 2010

Creating me

Every day I eat an apple instead of a donut I am choosing who I want to be. Every day I take a walk instead of sitting on my butt for thirty more minutes and watching TV I am creating my life. Every day is a new day and every day is full of possibilities.

I know how much these words are true because I've changed my own life. I've seen my life change since late June when I decided I could not live my former life anymore. I was on a path to morbid obesity. I was already past the "overweight" category and well into the "obese" range. There was no where to go but up, or so I believed. I wasn't active. Active was walking around the mall and then getting a Great American Cookies Co. Doozie to take home with me. Portions were how much food filled my plate with potatoes as my main (and most of the time) only vegetable and meat was the star of the show, taking up half the plate, if not more.

Now I weigh 25 lbs. less than that girl in November. I work out 5-6 days a week and I've developed a love of running I never knew possible. Life can change. we are not stuck in whatever life is playing out in front of us. We are not sentenced to remain the people we once were, not if we see an opportunity to become better people in the process. We have choices. We can change. We can remain. We can do anything and everything in between.

For me, I have chosen to change my life. I have chosen to be the person I want to be instead of the person I just let myself become. I'm not going to lie: It's not always easy. Some things are as simple as picking up a water jug instead of picking up a soda bottle, other things are ingrained into who I am and have emotions and memories associated with them. The key for me, was choosing what my life was going to be like. So far, it's going insanely well. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment