Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spring in my step

What is it about Spring that makes me smile? Is it the wet roads, the wet ground, or the wet everything from the snow and the melting and all the sun? Hmmm... Maybe. I love Spring. I love the little bounce people get because it's getting warmer. I love the smile on faces when you talk about the temperature getting up to FORTY next weekend. Lol, I love Iowans, what can I say.

Spring means more to me than New Years' Day when it comes down to resolutions. Everything is new. The snow will wash away and the grass will start to grow. The flowers will start to peak out of the soil and it will SMELL SO GOOD. Spring is a time of new beginnings. It's a time of cabin fever because you can just feel the nice weather coming on. Spring to me means butterflies and grilling and beautiful beautiful flowers that I can smell and see and colors and oh, I don't know, unicorns and gumdrops and all those magical things.

Spring is here, and I am new. I am a new creation. My life is my own now and it truly belongs to me! I feel more in control of my life than ever before! Yes, I still have problems, there's always money and family and my job and the economy, those problems weren't erase because I started to take better care of myself. But my life was changed. Ah, I love Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment