Friday, January 8, 2010

Instead of eating I can ...

Read
Watch TV :D
do situps
chase the cats
go on a walk
sleep
run up and down the stairs
do wall pushups
drink a glass of water
visit Sparkpeople.

When I head for the fridge I need to remember these things. I may not be hungry, I may just tired. I may be angry (but then I normally clean, I should be angry more often) or maybe I'm just bored. I need alternatives, I need to be able to tell myself that I don't need to eat.

If I say it three times out loud does it make it true?

I don't need to eat.
I don't need to eat.
I don't need to eat.

Well, except for surviving and living and all that, other than that, I don't need to eat.

That chocolate? It sure looks good, but I'm not hungry so I really don't need to eat it. That spaghetti, sure I might need to throw it away tomorrow, but I ate supper and I don't have more calories, so I really don't need to eat it.

Controlling my food intake is important. I don't have the time or desire to work out for eight hours a day. So my new mantra may be a question. Do I need it? If the answer is no, then I'm trying to walk on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment