Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gearing up

I like to run. I like to lift weights, I like feeling myself sweat. What I don't like is getting my butt off the couch to do those things. So, I've joined the YWCA. I've also joined an extreme cross fit class they're offering. It starts right after I get off work, I'll be going two times a week AND I got a $15 dollar discount!

So I joined the Y - $35
Joined the class - $40
Got a discount - $-15
And I'm getting a jump start on my year - priceless.

Allegedly there's running, weight lifting, stair stepping, aerobics of other kinds and flexibility training. Two months of my time two days a week. I'm pretty sure I can do this. I'm kind of excited and I'm kind of nervous. The receptionist said the trainer really pushes people hard, so I'm excited about that. I'm excited about being in an environment that will push me while making sure I'm doing exercises correctly. I'm worried that I'll punk out. I'm worried I'll throw up, and I'm worried I'll look like a fool. But I'm ready.

I'm posting pictures of before (now) they're not pretty and they DON'T make me happy, but I'm interested to see how my body might change from this class. I'd also like to document a before and after for BLC 12 as well! Wish me luck!


Me, at 180 lbs. on January 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment