Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Loser? Definitely.

I love food. I overindulge on food. You know what gets me the most? Warm, ooey-gooey cookies, almost any kind, but the best is with melted chocolate. The SO reminded me of the days of yore, when I used to cook three or four pans of cookies, eat one, leave one for him (he's not a huge sweets fan) and then bring the rest to work. Oh yes. I did that.

I love to bake, I love to bring food to work for other people to enjoy, and I can't resist freshly-baked cookies. The SO didn't bring that up to make me feel bad or to remind me of my (past) horrible eating habits. He brought it up to tell me how, even if I wasn't exercising like I am now, he thinks I would be losing weight because

I've changed my eating habits so much. Instead of having 2-3 portions of meat a meal, I have one. I have tons of vegetables, I've always loved them anyway, and my snacks are sometimes crackers and cheese, or fruit. I like baked goods. I can't say I don't, so I do fit them into my calories when I want them. My life has changed, and the SO was just pointing that out.

I have been on Sparkpeople.com since the end of June, and my life has changed so much. I have lost almost 15 pounds. I'm just a couple of pounds away from a overweight BMI instead of an Obese one. I've lost a size in pants and one in shirts. I feel better. I look better. I know I'm more confident. Well, darnit, I'm pretty sexy!

Now I'm beginning a new challenge, the BLC. I want to be a big loser. There, I said it. My plan for the losing? Well, I'm cutting out alcohol completely for 12 weeks. Wowzers, that might be hard. I'm not a lush, but I like to have a drink or two on the weekends. I'm going to keep running 3-4 times a week, 2.5 to 3.5 miles, hopefully getting it up to at least 4 to 5 miles. On my off days, I'm doing the 30 day shred (my abs are hurting from my workout yesterday) and probably stairstepping or walking. This is my plan. I am going to attempt to stick to the plan. I'm going to have some wonderful people helping me with this goal. To all the Saucy Sapphires out there (my BLC team) We're gonna rock this out!

Hello motivation, c'mon in my door. We're gonna have a good 'ol three months to get to know each other!

Happy Wednesday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment