Friday, September 4, 2009

And the announcement it ...

I'm going to run a half marathon.

Wow, it was really hard for me to type those words. Let's just say, it's scary that I will run 13.1 miles next year around this time. It hard for me to realize that I've been sticking with my new lifestyle so well and for so long.

If you ever look at my status you probably saw that I ran 3.5 miles the other day. Then yesterday when I was running at did 2.5 miles in 25 minutes. This is huge for me. My goal since I've started trying to lose weight was to run a 5k. Now that I've run 3.5 miles, more than a 5k, I realize I can do so much more than I give myself credit for. So, now my goal is to run 13.1 miles. 1/2 a marathon. I hope to do it in Des Moines next year for their 1/2 marathon and then whoever wants to come and watch me run slowly can!

This is big for me. This is huge. I know that I can do this, which surprises me sometimes. That I now have that much faith in myself to attempt this run. This is one more thing the journey toward a smaller me has brought.

I've talked to the SO about it. He's all for it. He's so excited that I'm so excited. When I came home from running my 2.5 in 25 I just came in and told him and this huge smile spread across his face. He's happy because he sees how happy I am. Knowing I have his support is huge. He doesn't push, he doesn't nag, he's just there if I need him to be.

So, I've talked to the SO, I've consulted with myself, and now I'm asking everyone else for their support. I want to do this. I know I can do this. I hope that you'll be with me while I do it! I have a year to train, a year to get my running up there. I think that's more than enough time for what I want to do. So, here's to my next few hundred (thousand) steps. Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment