Monday, January 31, 2011

2011 5K #1

47:12.

That's my "official" time from the treadmill. Boy am I slow. I've realized that my legs can keep going, but right now my training is about my lungs catching up to the rest of my body. I can deal with that. My fastest 5K time was ten minutes faster, so that's my first goal. Then my second goal is to beat that! I have months upon months to get faster, I'm not too worried. You want to  know a secret? My ultimate goal would be to run a 10-minute mile, and then to run a 5K in under 30 minutes! Shhhh. Don't tell. That piece of information could scare my muscles away.

So on goes my 10 5K's in 2011.  So far this is a good plan for me.  A plan that allows me to keep training and to have a goal to focus on. I've learned that without a goal I flounder. I won't work out and I don't eat as well as I should. I need a goal, and just a goal weight doesn't do it for me since I really don't know what a good goal weight for me would be. The BMI tells me 144. With my build, that's not quite likely, for all I know 160 is the perfect weight for me. I want to measure my fitness in other ways and I want to succeed as a runner.

Achievements:
I ran for 25 minutes without stopping. WOOT! It's weeks before I do that in my C25K plan, so right now I'm ahead of the game and I can concentrate on building up my lungs and then getting faster on said plan.

I finished my race going faster than starting. I jogged at 4.0 mph, which is a little slow. I'm more comfortable right now at 4.5 mph but I wanted to pace myself because I haven't run this distance in quite some time (as in, run as much of it as I possibly could, not walk/run). But I actually finished the last couple tenths of my run at 5.0 mph. Gotta get that kick in!

I would deem my race a complete success. I finished, which is my first goal in ANY race. And I can see myself getting better. When the pound aren't dropping like I want them to be, it always helps to look for other motivation. This is definitely a motivator!

No comments:

Post a Comment